Discover the artists behind the books
Coco Capitán (b.1992) lives and works in London, UK
– Home and studio — together or apart?
Sometimes together, sometimes apart! At the moment together, obviously, and I feel it’s working quite well for me since my home and studio are large enough to have a room for painting, an office room, and a photo room. I do try and make strict rules for myself on what time is in use for each.
– Do you have any daily rituals?
Coffee and reading for the start of the day, bath for the end of the day.
– What is the first art book you remember?
In my home, a giant encyclopedia, with pictures of everything for a kid in the pre-internet age.
– What is your studio/creative soundtrack?
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Requiem (especially before a deadline!)
– What is the favourite thing you have in your studio?
My archive, particularly the early years.
– Did you always want to be an artist?
No, it sort-of just caught me!
– What does a free day look like?
I’m not sure about that one – let me know if you figure it out!